Last Updated on 3 months by JoinTheWays
Exo Mini Pro Drone | A New 4K Video standard drone
Exo mini pro drone has been one of the famous drones in the industry recently due to its performance. It compares with DJI Mini 3 pro drone in features and functionalities.
Why is that? Why is the EXO mini pro so good compared to DJI Mini 3 pro? How does it have a new industry standard of video quality?
As a professional drone pilot knowing the functionalities and differences between drones like the exo mini pro versus the DJI mini -3 pro drone will make it easier to choose the right one in different scenarios.
This guide will provide an Exo mini pro review so that by the end of the article, you will be able to know why the exo mini drone is famous in the drone community – Let’s dive In
Like the EXO BLACKHAWK PRO, the mini pro is a professional drone for content creation like photography, videography, or vlog documentation.
It’s most famous for a longer flight time of 40 minutes per single charge which is good enough for those taking footage and content creations which means you can take it for outdoor activities and get the job done.
Never touched a drone before? No problem – Exo Mini’s setup & controls are to be mastered by those by both beginners and professional pilots.
EXO MINI PRO DRONE REVIEW
Exo mini pro drone is a professional drone with a high-quality camera that can take 360 photo shooting and an impressive 6X optical zoom that enables the drone to capture photos and footage from every angle and zoom out to capture high-definition details.
It has an advanced sensor that brings out more light, dynamic range, and color than its predecessor Exo mini.
The mini pro drone is an AI-powered drone with video features to do high-quality video work.
It is among the night-moded drones in the industry that fly at night times without any problem.
Let’s see the key features of the EXO MINI PRO,
H3 – KEY FEATURES OF THE EXO MINI PRO
The mini pro has pro features like built-in smart sensors feature and other features like;
- A smooth 4KUHD camera with a 30FPS Max Resolution is good enough to produce video, and a CMOS camera and Brushless Motors make it an industry-leading drone in videography.
- A 35+ mph speed and sport mode makes it one of the fastest drones in the industry
- Three-way obstacle avoidance of Optional Front, Rear, and Downward prevent it from crushing during operation
- Night Mode feature that allows the Exo mini drone to use at night.
- Other cool features like Follow-me, Circle-me, Fly-to-Sky, Dronie, Comet, 360 Shooting, Auto Drifting, and Panorama
- Level 5 Wind Resistance (20-24MPH) that enables the Exo mini pro to work even in windy conditions
- Impressive 12,500Ft Max Take-Off Height
- 64 GB internal storage used to store footage
- The new industry standard video of 4K 200mbps Video that no drone in the industry can match
- A 1080p live-feed and control the drone from up to 10 km or 5 miles away.
- Adjustable 3-way collision avoidance senses obstacles in a path and circumnavigates you out of harm’s way.
- It can shoot a dynamic video motion and is hands-free with Advanced Hubsan AI software crafts beautiful shots that put you in the center of the action of the drone.
EXO RECON DRONE SPECIFICATIONS
- Video Resolution:
- 4K: 3840X2160 @30FPS
- 2.7K: 2720X1530@30/60FPS
- FHD: 1920 X 1080 @30/60FPS
- Video Bitrate: 200mbps Max Bitrate
- Image Resolution: 4KUHD 30FPS Max Resolution
- Video Format: MP4 (H.265/HEVC)
- Photo Format: JPEG, DNG
- Camera Sensor: 1/1.3 Inch CMOS Sensor
- Stabilization: 3-Axis Stabilization (Tilt, Roll, Pan)
- HDR Equipped: YES
- Night Mode: YES
- Flight Time: 40 Min Per Battery
- Return Home Feature: Yes
- Wind Resistance: Level 5 Wind Resistance (20-24MPH)
- Speed Modes: 3 Speed Modes (Sport, Normal, Film)
- Maximum Transmission Range: 5 Mile Transmission Range
- Max Flight Distance: 5 miles
- Maximum Takeoff Height: 35MPH+ Max Speed
- Maximum Speed (Ascent): 9MPH Ascent Speed
- Maximum Speed (Descent): 8MPH Descent Speed
- Live Feed Resolution: HD 1080p Transmission Resolution
- Dimensions (Folded): 5.5 x 3.5 x 2.5in
- Dimensions (Unfolded): 8 x 6 x 3in
- Weight (With Battery): 249g
- Operating Temperatures: 14 – 104 °F
- Battery Weight: 99g
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh
- Features: Waypoint Fly, Line-Fly, Return to Home (x3), Image Follow, Wind Resist Mode
- App Name: Blackhawk 2
- App Compatibility: IOS + Andriod
- Lost Connection Safety: YES
- Low Battery Return Home: YES
- Satellite systems: GPS/GLONASS
- Firmware updates: via FLY BLACKHAWK 2 app
- Stabilization: Optional 3-Way Obstacle Avoidance (Full Frontal, Rear, and Downward)
- Night Mode: Yes
- Compass: single
- IMU: single
- Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz/5.2ghz
- Operating range: 5 Mile Max Flight Range
- Operating Temp: 32-100°F Operating Temp
- Warranty: 1-year Warranty from Exo drone
- Onboard Storage: 64GB
- Quickshots: Follow-me, Circle-me, Fly-to-Sky, Dronie, Comet, 360 Shooting, Auto Drifting, Panorama
- ISO Standards: 100-6400 (Auto) ISO Range
- Hyperlapse: Circle, Line, Free
- Zoom: 6X (optical/digital, 1080p)
- Memory Card Compatibility: N/A
The Exo mini pro is a dynamic drone with an impressive 40-minute fly time for outdoor adventures and when traveling.
The 48MP HDR camera of Mini Pro produces photographs with impeccable detail, rich color information, and a wide dynamic range.
Shooting a 4K UHD video with a mini pro at 200mbps is much more fun.
Video output from Mini Pro is packed full of color data and is balanced in exposure, providing a cinema-grade video capture that no other drone can produce.
The drone comes with In-depth tutorials explaining step-by-step series covering everything you need to know about the mini pro drone and Exo mini pro user manual and free materials like;
- Free Part 107 course ($199 value)
- Easy drone tutorials & Legal overviews
- Content creation mini-course
- Lifetime tech support
- Free 1-year EXO Premium membership
Exo MINI pro price
The Exo mini price is $ 489 on the official Exo Website.
The EXO RECON Package Includes;
- One Carry Bag
- EXO Mini Drone (Exclude Battery)
- OneExo mini pro Drone Controller
- FREE – Part 107 Training Course $200.00 Value
- FREE – 1 Year EXO Premium $49.00 Value
- FREE – All 24 EXO LUTs $49.00 Value
- FREE – All 24 EXO Presets $29.00 Value
- Two Propellers FREE – $14.95 Value
- OneExo mini pro Charger Unit
- Phone Connection Cables (One Lighting, One Type C, One Micro)
- One Quickstart Guide
- Two Spare Joysticks
- One Screwdriver
- One Gimbal Cover
- One set EXO Sticker Pack
What I like/Dislike About the Exo recon drone;
- Exo mini pro is an Inexpensive drone with remote control, easy to fly, and a 4K HD camera
- It comes with In-depth Tutorials with step-by-step series covering how to set up the drone and everything else you need to know about the recon drone.
- The adjustable camera allows 6x optical zoom from a birds-eye view through skyline shots or can also zoom live from the BLACKHAWK 2 app to capture micro-details.
- It’s a stable drone in the air with brushless and wind-level resistance
- In-App Exo mini pro Firmware Updates that allows you to update with a single click
- Stunning 1/1.3in CMOS Sensor that produces Vibrant Images with striking clarity, sharpness, and deep color.
- With HDR, variable aperture, and f/1.85-f/12 on the mini pro, you can shoot professionally exposed images, no matter the lighting conditions.
- The mini pro can use GPS or Activetrack 3.0 to track moving subjects up to 25MPH & 200ft away that you can follow directly or follow & circle while keeping the object centered the whole time.
- It slightly weights less than 250g,
- Also, Exo provides a Free 1-year EXO Premium membership and lifetime tech support.
- With many features, the exo mini has a learning curve, and it can take time to master to fly the exo mini pro.
Is the Exo Mini Pro drone any good?
The Exo mini pro is a dynamic drone with stunning features and can fly a long distance of up to 10 km and is 100% legally compliant means no drone registrations are required.
It’s perfect for any drone activities because it’s a lightweight drone with less than 250g to fold and carry anywhere you go outdoors or on travel flights.
How does the Exo mini pro compare to Other Exo drones?
Exo Mini Pro
|From $489||From $117|
HD 1280×720 @20fps
Ultra HD 4K 30FPS
|4K: 3840X2160 @30FPS|
|1080P FHD @ 30fps|
50mb/s Max Bitrate
200mbps Max Bitrate
25mb/s Max Bitrate
|200mbps Max Bitrate||5mb/s Max Bitrate|
CMOS and Optical Flow Censors
3-Axis Gimbal +EXOSmooth™
3-Axis Electronically Stabilized Gimbal.
|1/1.3 Inch CMOS Sensor||1-Axis Gimbal|
|4K 3840 x 2160px||HD 1080p|
|48 MP Camera||6MP Camera|
3-Way Obstacle Avoidance
360° Obstacle Avoidance
10 Min Per Battery
28 Minute Flight Time
35 Minute Flight Time
25 Minute Flight Time
|40 Minute Max Flight Time||15 Minute Flight Time|
98.4 Ft Range
|5 Mile||400 Feet|
Level 5 Wind Resistance
Level 8 Wind Resistance
Level 6 (~25MPH Winds)
|Level 5 Wind Resistance (20-24MPH)||Level 2 Wind Resistance|
3840 x 2160px
3840 x 2160px
4096 x 3072px
|2048px x 1080px|
Live Feed Resolution
|1280 x 720px|
|HD 1080p Transmission Resolution||1280 x 720px|
Maximum Transmission Range
Max Flight Distance
Maximum Speed (X-Axis)
Maximum Speed (Ascent)
Maximum Speed (Descent)
Return Home Feature
5 x 3 x 2 in
|11.6 x 3.2 x 3.6 Inch|
4.5 x 7 x 3in
8 x 4 x 3 In
|5.5 x 3.5 x 2.5in||5.3 x 3.4 x 2.4 Inch|
10 x 8.5 x 2
|15.6 x 15.6 x 3.6 Inch|
7 x 7 x 3inch
11 x 11 x 3in
|8 x 6 x 3in||10.6 x 10.6 x 2.4 Inch|
Weight (With Battery)
14 – 104 °F
32°F – 104°F
How far can the exo mini pro drone fly?
The exo recon can fly up to 4+ miles.
Wrap up – EXo recon drone review
There you have it – Exo mini pro drone review, a drone with a new industry video standard.
I recommend this drone, especially for those taking professional pictures and needing longer flight time to shoot videos.
That’s it for this review – in case of any questions or comments me know in the comments.
Exo Mini Pro Drone review – FAQs
How long does Exo Mini pro fly?
The Exo mini pro drone can fly for up to 40 minutes long per single battery charge.
What is the range of an Exo mini?
The range of Exo mini pro is 4+ miles Range
Does Exo Mini pro have obstacle avoidance?
Yes, Exo mini pro has 3-way obstacle avoidance that prevents crushing obstacles like trees.
Does Exo mini pro have a return home feature?
Yes, the Exo mini pro has a return home feature that allows it to return from take-off.
How long does it take to charge an Exo drone battery?
It takes between 60 – 90 minutes to charge an Exo drone battery
How much does the exo mini pro weigh?
The Exo mini pro drone weighs 249g with a battery in it.