Last Updated on 3 months by JoinTheWays
Exo Blackhawk 2 Pro drone – A Professional 4K UHD Long Range Drone.
Whether you are a professional looking for the best drone to get your videography or photography projects done. It is very important to consider the future success of your professional needs. From professional videography to photography uses even entertainment uses, the Exo Blackhawk drone can help you get the job done with the highest quality and amazing experience. In this overview, I reviewed the Exo Blackhawk along with my experience with this Exo pro drone, so that you can get started and see if it fits all your professional needs.
For most professionals choosing the right Drone can be a difficult task, as there are many different brands of drones on amazon for sale and considerably most drones have different features too.
Don’t worry I will explain in detail below;
First, when choosing the pro drone for your professional uses there are many aspects such as drone specs, drone price, range limit, weight, camera quality, an easy-to-use drone manual pdf, Flying time & battery life, GPS return to home functions, auto follow me mode videos output quality,
But as a professional, you may need also to consider Advanced and Intelligent Features that will take your videography and photography to the next level, these features are;
- Image transmission
- Instant Live feed
- Max speed
- Hands-free, dream shots
- Autopilot modes.
That is where the Exo Blackhawk comes in, a professional drone with a high reputation among professionals. This drone was named the Blackhawk from the famous Blackhawk drone military UAV as they both share one similarity which is they get the job done in any condition and at any time.
The Exo Blackhawk Drone
The BlackHawk is a dynamic drone with a good operating range and a 4K video camera that can take your professional content creation to the next level, it produces high-quality footage and images with many advanced automation features which allow it to fly intelligently even in bad weather and windy conditions or difficult spots such as in forest areas.
The drone is called BlackHawk because it’s unbeatable when it comes to video shooting, you can shoot 4k 30FPS for 85 mins/session and as a pro, you don’t need the commitment to start shooting professional-grade shots while the Exo pro is here with all unrivaled in-flight technologies, it does not require flying experience to produce great and professional footages.
KEY FEATURES OF EXO Blackhawk 2 Pro Drone
With the power, great abilities, and excellent image and video quality of the exo drones Blackhawk with almost every advanced feature embodied in this drone to make it easier for you as the pro, Here are the key features of this Drone;
- It comes with 4 batteries with a total of 172 hours, Each battery provides up to 43 minutes of fly time. With 172 Hours, the BlackHawk drone ensures your job is done likely on the same day.
- It captures a 4K video. It captures aerial video with high quality than any drone in the industry.
- A 3-axis gimbal handles as much turbulence as the Exo Blackhawk drone itself.
- It can fly in Slow motion while capturing video to 40% speed in pro quality with detailed footage.
- It has the Hyper-lapse Feature. The Exopro BlackHawk can Time-lapses while moving while no editing is required & retains a 4K resolution
- It can be Hands-free and dream shots. Draw a box around your subject & let the drone do the rest – ready in seconds
- Background moves. You can simply fly the BlackHawk over a location, drop a pin, & tap for it to parallax around the subject of choice and it gets the job done.
- It can capture Dynamic videos. Every professional Loves dynamic videos especially movies and music directors. With an Exo Blackhawk’s GPS, you can set pins at any location, & the drone will fly automatically to them in sequence.
- It has an 8km image transmission and no other drone in the industry can match this image transmission of the Exo BlackHawk drone.
EXOPRO BLACKWAHK SPECIFICATIONS
- Dimensions: 7.28″ x 3.66″ x 2.09″
- Weight: 708g (with battery), 395g (without battery)
- Max speed (x-axis): 33MPH
- Max speed: 11MPH (ascent), 7MPH (descent)
- Max height: 1km
- Operating temperatures: 32°F – 104°F
- Satellite systems: GPS/GLONASS
- Firmware updates: via app
- Max wind resistance: 22MPH
- Video resolution: Ultra HD 4K 30FPS
- Slow motion: HD 1920×1080 60FPS
- Video bit-rate: 61 megabit/sec
- Image sensor: Sony Ambarella 1/2″
- Stills: 16MP 4928×3264 .JPG
- Maximum aperture: f/2.0 pro focus
- Focal length: 24mm/48mm 948mm equivalent)
- ISO: 100-1600 (auto), 100-3200 (manual)
- Shutter speed: 1/8000s-1/30s
- Stabilization: 3-axis (tilt, roll, pan)
- Tilt range: -115°-35°
- Roll range: -35°-35°
- Pan range: -80°-80°
- Controllable range: tilt -90°-0°
- Max controllable speed (tilt): 100°s
- Capacity: 5,000mAh
- Voltage: 11.4V
- Type: Lithium-polymer
- Weight: 175g
- Charging temperature: 41°-104°F
- Max charging power: 38W
- Image transmission: 4.2 miles
- Transmission resolution: live view 720p @30fps
- FLY EXO App compatibility: iOS/Android
- Propellers: quick release, low noise, folding
- Compass: single
- IMU: single
- Operating frequency: 5.365-5.550GHz
- 1-year Warranty from Exo drone
If you’re looking for a professional drone in the market that is also very affordable and will get your job done at the highest standard possible with great flying experience, the Exo BlackHawk pro is a good fit for you.
It has instant Live Feeds, it captures videos and photos at the highest quality. It has a good capturing range with Image transmission of 4.2 miles
You can also integrate it with a Virtual reality headset and see the footage live via VR headset.
You also get 1 year Exo warranty as well as the manual pdf and flying lessons that help you to get started it contains simple instructions to help you get the maximum experience of the ranger drone for your professional uses.
Also, the intelligent advanced features such as follow me, GPS auto return home, Hand gesture recognition, Obstacle avoidance, and circle-me mode make the BlackHawk the unbeatable beast among professional drones.
EXO BLACKWAHK 2 PRICE
The price of the Exo BlackHawk drone starts from $ 649 to $ 799 on the official Exo Website but you can get it also on Amazon.
The exo BlackHawk Package Includes;
- 1x EXOPro Blackhawk Drone
- 4x Blackhawk Batteries
- 1x 1-Yr Added Crash Insurance
- 1x Carry Bag
- 12x Blackhawk Propellers (8 spares)
- 3x USB Phone Cables
- 1x Blackhawk Controller
- 1x Drone Charger
- 1x Remote Control Charger
- 1x EXO Sticker Pack
- Exo BlackHawk drone manual & Documents
What I LIKE/DISLIKE About BLACKHAWK 2 PRO drone
- The 4k video camera is unmatched by other drones in the industry. It produces Quality Video footage that no other drone can produce.
- It can be assembled quickly and start flying instantly and it can be controlled via the FLY EXO App which is available on android and IOS devices.
- The dynamism of this drone is also unmatched, it’s very flexible and easy to maneuver. Take it wherever you want and it will get the job done perfectly.
- The Exo BlackHawk 2 pro is not a beginner-friendly drone. you need to have some drone expertise in order to pilot it
Is the Exo Blackhawk any good?
The BlackHawk drone outperforms other professional drones such as MAVIC 2 and AUTEL EVO 2 at a reasonable price of $ 649 only compare to the latter ones that cost $ 1000 and above.
This Exo drone is not only capable of replicating professional video, but also acquiring the knowledge to start your creative direction while ensuring an exceptional experience with smooth videos, vibrant images as well as Artificial Intelligence flight modes, and seamless mobile software.
Also, Exo provides lessons on how to master the Blackhawk Pro as well as how to master professional videography & photography in the full creative direction for free, after you have purchased the drone. That means you got covered and their customer support is top-notch and fully available 24/7. you don’t have to worry about anything.
When doing videography with the Exopro Blackhawk drone, you can shoot with either a normal 4k camera or use a dedicated 4k video camera that can go up to 35+ MPH, covering all X, Y, and Z axis, you can also stabilize, automate, and the drone will intelligently get the footage.
Does Exo Blackhawk 2 PRO have obstacle avoidance?
The Blackhawk drone is integrated with 3-Way obstacle avoidance, which makes it operate even in difficult spots such as areas with many trees, or rocks.
So Yes, The Exo Blackhawk drones have obstacle avoidance.
How far can the exo Blackhawk drone fly?
With a 100% Brushless motor, a BlackHawk can fly up to a 5+ Mile Range with power. With this range, it outperforms every professional drone in the industry.
How does the Exo Blackhawk compare to Other Exo drones?
Exo BlackHawk 2 Pro
Exo Mini Pro
|From $489||From $117|
HD 1280×720 @20fps
Ultra HD 4K 30FPS
|4K: 3840X2160 @30FPS|
|1080P FHD @ 30fps|
50mb/s Max Bitrate
200mbps Max Bitrate
25mb/s Max Bitrate
|200mbps Max Bitrate||5mb/s Max Bitrate|
CMOS and Optical Flow Censors
3-Axis Gimbal +EXOSmooth™
3-Axis Electronically Stabilized Gimbal.
|1/1.3 Inch CMOS Sensor||1-Axis Gimbal|
|4K 3840 x 2160px||HD 1080p|
|48 MP Camera||6MP Camera|
3-Way Obstacle Avoidance
360° Obstacle Avoidance
10 Min Per Battery
28 Minute Flight Time
35 Minute Flight Time
25 Minute Flight Time
|40 Minute Max Flight Time||15 Minute Flight Time|
98.4 Ft Range
|5 Mile||400 Feet|
Level 5 Wind Resistance
Level 8 Wind Resistance
Level 6 (~25MPH Winds)
|Level 5 Wind Resistance (20-24MPH)||Level 2 Wind Resistance|
3840 x 2160px
3840 x 2160px
4096 x 3072px
|2048px x 1080px|
Live Feed Resolution
|1280 x 720px|
|HD 1080p Transmission Resolution||1280 x 720px|
Maximum Transmission Range
Max Flight Distance
Maximum Speed (X-Axis)
Maximum Speed (Ascent)
Maximum Speed (Descent)
Return Home Feature
5 x 3 x 2 in
|11.6 x 3.2 x 3.6 Inch|
4.5 x 7 x 3in
8 x 4 x 3 In
|5.5 x 3.5 x 2.5in||5.3 x 3.4 x 2.4 Inch|
10 x 8.5 x 2
|15.6 x 15.6 x 3.6 Inch|
7 x 7 x 3inch
11 x 11 x 3in
|8 x 6 x 3in||10.6 x 10.6 x 2.4 Inch|
Weight (With Battery)
14 – 104 °F
32°F – 104°F
There you have it – my review on the Exo Blackhawk, As to why you should consider it as a good choice especially when you are professional and you want to take your videography and photography to the next level. Considering also that Exo has made a pro 2 version of this model with more advanced and intelligent capabilities to make your job as a pro easier.
EXO BLACKWAHK 2 PRO DRONE – FAQs
How far can an exo drone fly?
The fly range depends on the model of the drone but the average range of all Exo drones is a 4.5-mile range.
What is the best exo drone?
An Exo BlackHawk 2 pro and X7 Ranger Plus are the best Exo drones
Is exo drones an American company?
Yes, Exo is an American company founded in early 2020 by Charles Canon.
How long does Blackhawk fly?
The Exo Blackhawk drone can fly for up to 43 minutes with a single battery charge.
What is the range of an exo Blackhawk?
It has a 5+ mile range.
What is the range of the exo Cinemaster 2?
The Exo Cinemaster 2 drone is operating from a 1/2 to 1/3mile range